So today is the Five on Friday link up with Courtney, Cynthia and Mar. So fun! Today’s topic: 5 Races to Run in 2015.
1. First and Foremost I am SUPER excited to be running my first Half Marathon in May of 2015. I’m nervous too though! I am just trying to stick to my training as much as possible. The race is the Marion Arts Festival Half Marathon in Marion, IA It’s on May 16th. I am also excited because I’ll be meeting up with a whole bunch of people from my local RunJunkEes Runners Group!
2. WeRunLLC Lucky Run 10K I am so glad to be able to run this one this year. Last year I was signed up for it, but due to an Achillies injury, I had to sit it out. I did photograph it for them though, so volunteering was nice too. Here’s a few of the photos I took last year. This year I am running 2 St Patrick Day themed races, so I have already ordered my green tutu…it will be here tomorrow! I am also excited because *hopefully* I’ll be meeting my friend Kim, from Running on the Fly in person at this race & my friend Anne Marie from church is running the 10K with me!
Again, I took those photos, I’m not in any of them. My friend Kris, owner of WeRun along with her husband, is in the bottom pic. She’s awesome!
3. The IMT Half Marathon in Des Moines, IA. This race will require a hotel room (woohooo) and a little family trip for us. It’s about 2 hours away. I am looking forward to this one. Which reminds me…I need to sign up for this one still!
4. Dam Backpocket Run 7 Mile Race. Ok, so I ran this one last year too. It was hot (5pm in August), grueling, and I swore up and down I wasn’t going to do it again. Then guess what? They opened up registration the other day with $1 for the first 10 people and I got in!! So yeah, I’m running this one again this year!
Check this out…you can actually watch me cross the finish line! Cool huh? I come in at 1:33:43 (yes, I was all in pink that day haha) I was so dehydrated at the end of it. We tried to go out for steak afterwards, and I couldn’t even eat, I just felt sick. Ice bath and water, and I was good as new. I need to make adjustments to handling the heat this year.
5. Iowa Remembers Remembrance Run 5K. I ran this last year and I loved it. The race was well put together, for $25 you got a Tshirt, medal and a boxed lunch. They had an amazing tribute to Iowa’s Fallen Soldiers before the race. It was just amazing. This was also the race last year that got me interested in being a member of Team RWB which I can proudly say I am a member of now. I also ran this one with my friend Ross. I met his wife online and they are both super great friends of ours now. He’s active military and told me about the race.
This year when I run it I’ll be proudly wearing my TeamRWB shirt!
So those are the top 5 races I’m running in 2015. You can click the “2015 races” link in my menu and look at all the races I’ll be running this year.
What races are you looking forward to running this year?
What races are you aspiring to?
Link up with us!