Spring is coming….I can feel it! Time for this week’s Friday Five Link up with Courtney at Blog about running, Cynthia at You Signed up for What?! & Marathon Running! This week’s theme is SPRING. We’re all ready for it right? Can I get an AMEN?!
1. My Birthday!! This year it’s extra special because I am turning 40. I am excited. I’ve never been one of these women that cares what age I turn. Like “oh my goodness I’ll be 40 my life is over” drama mamas. No way. I know that with each year that the Good Lord leaves me on this Earth I change, grow and learn new things. I get to meet new people and have new experiences. I love it. I feel like I get wiser each year and grow too in my relationships with other people and with Christ. Therefore giving me things I can share with younger people. (or at least I hope!)
2. Spring Races. I love that racing season is starting back up again! I have my first race on the 14th, another on the 21st and of course you know I’m in the middle of Half Marathon Training. My Half is in May. I love it when racing season starts up again. My hubby, probably not so much lol
Ralph is supportive of my running, but I think he maybe gets
a little very tired of all of our weekends being filled up with races. So I didn’t quite fill up our whole spring/summer with races…just almost…
3. St Patrick’s Day. Corned Beef Brisket, boiled potatoes & cabbage. Wearing O’ the green & St Patrick’s Day Races. I know I have become a runner when this holiday means races when it never did before. I even bought a green tutu for this years races…what has happened to me!? This day has other meaning for me though, being how both Ralph & I are Irish. We’re not these people that celebrate and want to be Irish once a year! We’re proud of our Irish heritage.
4. Warmer Temps. This one I am really looking forward to. I am getting really tired of running on the treadmill or bundling up like I never have before. I want to run without the danger of black ice on the sidewalks, without having soaked, frozen feet when I get home. I like things about winter, but running through the winter isn’t one of them. I also am ready to go camping!! We have our first campsite of the season already booked for the middle of April, so it needs to warm up! I found this article yesterday and it made me chuckle, I hope it does for you too! Lessons I’ve Learned Running Through the Winter I will be also ready to stop having to shoot snot rockets during my runs, oh, I have gotten good at it though!
5. Time Change. Longer days, more sunshine, more running time! YES!! I love it when we spring forward. Not much more to say about that…I’ll let David Tennant show my emotion for me:
What are your favorite things about March?