Linking up today with Patty from My No-Guilt Life, April from Run The Great Wide Somewhere, and Erika from MCM Mama Runs for Tuesdays on the Run! Thought this survey looked fun when I was seeing other bloggers doing it, so I snagged it too! 🙂
1. Would you rather run along a beach path or on a mountain trail?
Mine would be mountain trail. The uneveness scares me a little, but I love the mountains! Plus, imagine the hill training…
I love to go hiking though…here are some shots of my favorite trail around here. No mountains in Iowa though 😉
2. If you could choose the flavor of Gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be?
Hmm….I guess it doesn’t really matter to me. To be honest, I don’t drink enough Gatorade to know what flavors they even have.
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would be the first thing that you would purchase with it?
Probably clothes. I need a really nice pair of thermal compression tights for winter running (this heat is making me miss that…crazy I know!)
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and decide then how far and how fast you want to run?
I would rather have a training plan. I need it to help hold me accountable. Without a plan it’s way too easy for me to slack off.
5. Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end with the uphill?
Start on an uphill for sure. Ending with one is killer. That’s how they ended my first half marathon and I was already dying…
6. When you can’t run, what type of cross-training do you choose to do?
Swimming or Cycling are my favorite forms of Cross-Training. Sometimes I’d rather do those than running. Shhhh…don’t tell anyone!
7. What is your preference—> Out and back, point to point or loop runs?
Point to Point runs. I love it when hubby drops me off up by the campgrounds (by the dam) and then I run all the way home for my double digit long runs during training.
8. If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner, it would be a—>
A Garmin watch. Hubby bought me my Garmin Forerunner 10 last March when I started running races and I absolutely love it. It’s such an invaluable tool. It’s an expensive little gadget, but in my mind totally worth it.
9. Do you ever see any wild animals while out on your runs?
Bunnies and birds mostly. I saw some deer once when I was running while we were camping. Thankfully there aren’t bears in Iowa! Never seen a coyote either…they kinda stay away from populated areas. Here’s a photo I tried to get of some geese. Can you spot them?
10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run?
no thank God! I’d be whipping out my phone and using GPS if I ever did!
11. If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days… what would that meal be? Hmm..this is a hard one…I don’t really like to eat as soon as I finish. Maybe a nice smoothie, then in about a half hour…a big juicy prime rib, medium rare with a baked potato!
12. Capris or shorts… what do you run in most often?
Capris always. I’m not comfortable enough in shorts yet
13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it is warming up and ready to go?
Usually about the start of mile 2…or about 11 minutes in…
14. What do you do with your key when you run?
If I drive to my location, I put it in my flipbelt. If hubby drove me I don’t need to worry about it. If I run from my house…I don’t need to worry about it either, since the kids or hubby are always here. I’m blessed that the kids are teenagers now and hubby is retired 🙂
15. If you could relive any race that you have done in the past, which one what it be?
I think that would have to be my very first race, the St Patrick’s day 5K last March. The feeling I felt, the elation of the first race. I’d love to relive that feeling.
16. What type of run is your least favorite type of run?
I just run. So this doesn’t really apply to me. I don’t do fartleks, tempos or anything yet. Planning on working those into my training now, so I guess I’ll find out 🙂
17. What has been your biggest motivation lately to get out the door to get your run on?
To lose weight. It seems like I just cannot break my most recent plateau. Also, to train for the Half Marathon in October
18. When you go for a run, do you leave right from your front door or do you drive somewhere to start?
Both. I try to change up my routes. I have some that I run from my house, and others that I drive to, and some that hubby drives me to and drops me off. Sometimes I run from the house, and then hubby picks me up when I’m done, wherever I end up at.
19. When running in daylight—> are sunglasses a must or an annoyance?
A must. I cannot handle the bright sun very well.
20. When you get tired, what keeps you from quitting?
I keep telling myself not to be a wuss. That this body isn’t going to get in shape on it’s own. I also think about crossing that half marathon finish line!
This survey was snagged with permission from Sara at Lake Shore Runner
What would be your answer to any two of these questions?