Good Morning! It seems I need these linkups to keep me posting on the blog. I should blog about our recent mini-vacation too. We drove to Des Moines this past weekend and went to Adventureland and I ran a 5k…but that’s another post. This morning I’m linking up with April from Running All The Miles from My No-Guilt Life, Erika from MCM Mama Runs for Tuesdays on the Run. Sorry I have been MIA so much. I keep meaning to post, and then I just get busy with life. We’re in the midst of our homeschooling year, so things are crazy!
Today’s topic is I Won’t Run Without…
can think of a handful of things I never want to be without when I run. It’s not a cheap thing, this running. My husband thought it would be when I cancelled my pricey gym membership and started running. Well, he was wrong!
- My Garmin GPS watch. I need to know how far I’ve gone and when I can turn around and head home! Right now I am saving up for the Forerunner 220. I have the Forerunner 10 right now. While I love it, the battery life isn’t going to sustain a marathon if I do decide to do one in the future. (yes, you heard right. I am considering a marathon in the future)
- My RoadID. If something were to happen to me, I want the paramedics to know who I am, and who to contact. I have my hubby’s number and my best friend’s number on that thing.
- My phone. For 2 reasons: music and safety. I want to be able to call anyone should I encounter an issue. This has helped, I have had to cut a run short and had hubby come get me.
- My Brooks running shoes. You need REALLY good shoes to run. I do know barefoot runners though, but I could never do that. Especially not in these brutal winters we have in Iowa.
- Sports bra. So important!
- Running socks. I have 3 pairs of nice running socks from Brooks Running. I love them. After running my first race longer than a 10K last summer in cotton socks and getting my first black toenail, I purchased my first pair of socks and I haven’t looked back!
- Winter running gear. I know it’s not winter all year, but in Iowa it gets nasty here, so I need really good clothing to keep me warm and safe. I have a new pair of winter running tights hubby bought me that I am anxious to wear.
- Flipbelt. What did I do before I had this lovely? I have no idea. It’s so wonderful and I cannot imagine running without it!
- Garmin Vivofit. I wear this all day, so it is only fitting that I wear it when I run, especially since that’s when I rack up all my steps!
- Yurbuds. I love my Yurbuds. They are the only earbuds I have found that stay in my ears when I’m running. I was fortunate enough to get some on clearance at Dicks Sporting goods for $10 a pair. I am kicking myself for only buying 2 pairs though.
So there you have it. The main items I cannot leave the house without when I run. I could have also added gum to that list. I always chew gum when I run. What would be on your list?